Thursday, August 4, 2016

Escapes


When life decides to do what life does best and throw you for the craziest of loops it is nice to escape into a book. In books the loops only do what the author tells them to do. These past insane weeks I have found comfort in a few wonderful stories.

 Reading the Book of Esther reminded me of the truth that God will put us in the perfect place to do wonderful things. We can trust Him. And in hard times the Psalms are also a really great thing to read. They are so full of thankfulness and praises. It is the best attitude to have when things seem as if they have taken a wrong turn.

What better place to escape to when life rains on you than somewhere over the rainbow! Another book I really enjoyed was Dorothy Must Die stories volume 2. These three short stories detail life in Oz for Dorothy's companions once Dorothy returned to Kansas. They are side novels to the Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige. In this series another girl from Kansas must defeat Dorothy, who has returned to Oz and been corrupted by its magic! The author does such a good job of making once loved characters into bad guys you wont ever look at them the same again.

I am a sucker for a good fantasy world. One of my favorites from childhood to visit, if only in print, is the world of Septimus Heap. And now I am dragging my husband along for the journey! He and I love Angie Sage's Septimus Heap series. We concluded book one, Magyk, and are now well into the sequel, Flyte. There are many more including Physik, Queste, Siren, Darke, and Fyre. I can't wait to dive into them all. Wizards, ghosts, a Dragon Boat and the many adventures of a seventh son of a seventh son—what's not to love!?

 There are so many more worlds I could talk about! It would be great to escape to them literally (like someday visiting Harry Potter world!) And there are so many more I have yet to discover! What literary places are your favorite to escape to?

No comments:

Post a Comment