Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Book Review 3

A very good afternoon to all you faithful readers, who probably come around to my blog more than I do (insert uncertain emoticon here)! Family life makes me a very busy lady. The time I am not spending with my amazing husband, I reserve for my sweet daughter, then my other great family after that. So that leaves only about ten minutes at night to read as they sleep. Moms are, after all, always the last to bed.

I was lucky to spend those ten or so minutes each evening reading The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. As a review book, I approached it with caution. It is hard to know what one will get with any book but especially since the author was new to me. I was pleasantly surprised. This novel was adventurous in a very realistic way, where nothing felt contrived or cliche. When Monsieur Perdu takes his book barge with no planning whatsoever and heads on a trip to explore his past, it gave me a thrill! I cannot do anything without planning so this definitely had me on the edge of my seat. My one criticism is that there was too much intimacy that required skimming some pages. I am not one to read peoples personal encounters. Other than that, I truly felt the characters jumped off the page. They had believable stories and goals. Bonus, there was mystery enough to make it quite the page turner.

I will leave you with a promise to get better at scheduling posts so you don't all abandon me as I learn the ropes of blogging! Farewell and HAPPY AUTUMN!

No comments:

Post a Comment