Saturday, January 21, 2017

Endings

I have had the chance recently to be at the library more and check out quite a few books on my list! One of these books was United as One, the conclusion to the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore.

It is really a strange feeling to come to the end of a much loved series. I have been through it many times but this time really hit me because I have been reading this series for seven years. It has spanned from my childhood through to adulthood. So many drastic changes have happened in my life since I started reading the very first novel.

Books are such a nice constant. You can open one and be right back where you were the first time you read it! The words never change even when our minds grow to give those same words new meaning. Even when they end it is as simple as opening them to rewind time and experience it all anew. Thank goodness that books never truly end!

No comments:

Post a Comment